revealing all your secrets to a complete stranger washed our stars a dull gray, now i'm barely convinced that i am the exception it all seems more like circumstance. how can your words carry any weight if you are so quick to confess where you come from and where you're going to anyone who will listen at a drunken halloween party? your mystery melted quicker than ice cream on black pavement. caution flew back in the window on a broom last night. nobody wants to date an open book; tales are treasures that ought to be earned. for example:
" 'Why would you swear when I say I love you, Father?'
'You're the man who stands on a street corner with a roll of toilet paper, and written on each square are the words, I love you. And each passer-by, no matter who, gets a square all his or her own. I don't want my square of toilet paper'
'I didn't realize it was toilet paper'
'Until you stop drinking, you're not going to realize anything!' "
[God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment